We hope you’ll be able to join us and our many partner organizations at the Western Collaborative Conservation Network’s regional meeting, Confluence.
Confluence will be hosted at Chico Hot Springs in Pray, Montana from Sept 19-21, 2022.
Registration has now closed. There will be no on-site registration available.
As many of you are aware, in June 2022 there was a major flooding event in Yellowstone National Park and the surrounding areas. Confluence 2022 will not be impacted by this flooding aside from some minor adjustments of field trips. Our contacts in Montana, including Chico Hot Springs Resort and our Montana partners, closely monitored the situation and determined that the event was good to move forward as planned.
Below you will find some travel logistics to assist in planning your trip to Paradise Valley, Montana. We will continue to update this post with relevant information as it becomes available.
It is a 1 hour drive from the Bozeman Yellowstone Airport to Chico Hot Springs. There are no regular shuttles from the airport to Chico. At this time, we suggest reserving a rental car or taxi ahead of time. If you are interested in carpooling, please find more information and register your information on our Confluence Ride Share google sheet.
Chico Hot Springs Resort & Day Spa is recommended for lodging. A group room block has been secured for this event at a reasonable rate. Unreserved rooms will be released on August 19, 2022. Individuals are responsible for their own reservations and all changes to reservations. Cancellations occurring within 30 days of the reservation date will be charged one night’s lodging and tax equal to the reservation rate per canceled reservation. Individuals securing reservations will be required to provide a credit card number to guarantee their reservation and individual changes to reservations made after 48 hours of arrival date will result in individuals being charged one additional night’s lodging and tax equal to the reservation rate. The check-in time is 4pm and the check out time is 11am.
To make a reservation, call Chico Hot Springs Resort and Day Spa at Call: (406) 333-4933 and mention you are attending WCCN’s Confluence 2022, to guarantee special rates.
If you are interested in sharing a room with another Confluence participant, please find more information and register your information on our Confluence Room Share google sheet.
Courtesy room blocks have also been secured at two standard hotels in Livingston, Montana, approximately 30 minute drive from the event location. Individuals are responsible for their own reservations and changes.
Yellowstone River Inn & Suites (formerly Comfort Inn & Suites)
114 Loves Lane, Livingston, MT 59047 (406) 222-4400 email@example.com
35 rooms, $150/night, release date August 19, 2022
Fairfield Inn, 1629 West Park Street, Livingston, MT 59047 (406) 222-4914
35 rooms, $169/night, release date August 22, 2022
Other Lodging in the Area
- Sage Lodge (5 min) – pricey, but by far the closest – https://www.sagelodge.com/
- Emigrant Cabins (10 min) – https://emigrantcabins.business.site/
- Seven Point Ranch (10 min) – https://www.7pointranch.com/
- Reedfly Farms (10 min) – https://www.reedfly.com/
- Johnstad’s B&B (15 min) – http://www.johnstadsbb.com/bed-breakfast
- Dome Mountain Ranch (20 min) – https://domemountainranch.com/
- Pine Creek Lodge (20 min) – Cabins and Tent sites – https://www.pinecreeklodgemontana.com/
- Hubbard’s Yellowstone Lodge (30 min) – https://www.hubbardslodge.com/
- BBar Ranch (40 min) – Working Ranch w/ vacation rentals – http://www.bbar.com/
- Grizzly Creek Ranch (40 min) – https://www.mountain-home.com/montana-vacation-rentals/grizzly-creek-ranch
Livingston Options (30 minutes) – more traditional hotel/motels:
- Yellowstone Pioneer Lodge – https://www.yellowstonepioneerlodge.com/a
- The Historic Murray Hotel – https://murrayhotel.com/
- Livingston / Paradise Valley KOA Holiday (20 min) – Cabin/Tent/RV – https://koa.com/campgrounds/livingston/
- Paradise Fishing Access (10 min) – Tent/RV – https://thedyrt.com/camping/montana/montana-paradise-fishing-access-site
- Yellowstone’s Edge RV Park (10 min) – https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g45253-d1581749-Reviews-Yellowstone_s_Edge_RV_Park-Livingston_Montana.html
- Mallards Rest Campground (15 min) – Tent/RV – https://thedyrt.com/camping/montana/montana-mallards-rest-fishing-access-site
- Loch Leven Campground (20 min) – Tent/RV – https://thedyrt.com/camping/undefined/montana-loch-leven-fishing-access-site
- Canyon Campground (25 min) -Tent/RV – https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/custergallatin/recarea/?recid=5582
CHICO HOT SPRINGS RESORT & DAY SPA – DAY PASSES
For event registrants not staying at Chico Hot Springs Resort and Day Spa, day passes for the pool and hot springs can be purchased at the front desk ($19/person).
CATERED MEALS REQUIRING SPECIAL TICKETS
Breakfast is not included for September 22nd, 2022. Registrants can choose to pay for breakfast in the dining room on September 22nd, 2022. Leadership Team members attending the WCCN breakfast meeting on September 22nd, 2022, will individually pay for their breakfast. Otherwise, no additional tickets for meals included with registration will be available after registration closes.
Please reach out to Aireona Raschke (Aireona.Raschke@colostate.edu) with any travel logistics questions.